*** This job will guarantee 40 hours every week. You need to have full-time availability including weekends. ***
*** JOBS ONLY AVAILABLE IN SE9, SE6, SE26, SE19, SE25, SE20, BR1 AND BR3 ***
*** Applicants need to have a driving licence with access to their own vehicle. ***
*** Applicants need to be at least 18 years of age. ***
DOMICILIARY CARE ASSISTANT
BM Homecare Ltd is looking for responsible, enthusiastic and committed Care Assistants to join the Workforce Team. You will be guaranteed 40 hours every week to cover work throughout the week within a pre-agreed work schedule.
Whether providing long- or short-term care that includes respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality care at all times using the person-centred approach.
Purpose of role
To support clients with all aspects of their day-to-day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. You will mostly work alone with the clients in their home. Providing care and support offers many rewards, but can also be challenging. Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this important role in our company.
To provide safe, reliable, compassionate care and support to meet the individual needs and wishes of each client. Each person is unique therefore you must respect each client’s choice about how their care and support is given and promote their dignity at all times.
Duties are varied but will include
· Assisting with personal care, including changing pads/commodes, showering and grooming
· Administering of medication
· Preparing meals and drinks
· Completion of domestic tasks, including laundry, cleaning and shopping
· Helping clients with visits to the hospital/clinic
· Taking responsibility for the well-being of clients on and off site.
· Ensuring logbooks are provided at clients’ properties and folders are in place.
We will slowly build up your responsibilities to include spot checks and reviews as you garner more experience.
The role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate and satisfactory references.
* If you don’t already have an Enhanced DBS Certificate, we will apply for one for you, but you will have to bear the cost of the application fee. *
You will be provided with free training. The job will start after you’ve been trained to ensure quality of care and that you feel confident to do the job.
Other benefits include
· Free learning and development opportunities
· A competitive rate of pay of £10.55 per hour
· Opportunities close to home
If you are interested, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org