*** JOBS ONLY AVAILABLE IN SE9, SE6, SE26, SE19, SE25, SE20, BR1 AND BR3 ***
*** Applicants need to be at least 18 years of age. ***
DOMICILIARY CARE ASSISTANT
BM Homecare Ltd is looking for enthusiastic and committed Care Assistants to join the Flexible Workforce Team. You will be offered shifts on a regular basis but you will be in full control of your working week and the shifts you pick up.
Whether providing long- or short-term care that includes respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality care at all times using the person-centred approach.
Purpose of role
To support clients with all aspects of their day-to-day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. You will mostly work alone with the clients in their home. Providing care and support offers many rewards, but can also be challenging. Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this important role in our company.
To provide safe, reliable, compassionate care and support to meet the individual needs and wishes of each client. Each person is unique therefore you must respect each client’s choice about how their care and support is given and promote their dignity at all times.
Duties are varied but will include
· Assisting with personal care, including changing pads/commodes, showering and grooming
· Administering of medication
· Preparing meals and drinks
· Completion of domestic tasks, including laundry, cleaning and shopping
· Helping clients with visits to the hospital/clinic
· Taking responsibility for the well-being of clients on and off site.
A driving licence with access to a vehicle would be advantageous but not essential.
The role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate and satisfactory references.
* If you don’t already have an Enhanced DBS Certificate, we will apply for one for you, but you will have to bear the cost of the application fee. *
You will be provided with free training. The job will start after you’ve been trained to ensure quality of care and that you feel confident to do the job.
Other benefits include
· Flexible hours including a choice of days, nights or weekend shifts
· Free learning and development opportunities
· A competitive rate of pay of £10.55 per hour
· Opportunities close to home
We offer full-time and part-time contracts
If you are interested, please send us your CV to email@example.com