*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN SE9, SE6, SE26, SE19, SE25, SE20, BR1 AND BR3 ***
DOMICILIARY CARE COORDINATOR
BM Homecare Ltd is looking for a Care Coordinator to join our Domiciliary Care Team in South East London. Our office is based in Catford, Lewisham and we provide care services across Lewisham and Bromley boroughs.
A successful candidate will have good written and verbal English, a Level 3 RQF Diploma in Health and Social Care, previous experience working as a care coordinator and a full driving licence with access to a vehicle. A supervisory or management qualification is desired but not required. You will need to have strong IT, leadership and organisational skills and good professional conduct.
Purpose of Role:
The care coordinator role is one of the most important in domiciliary care. They are responsible for continuity of care, which includes scheduling and providing support for the care workers and families, and monitoring and evaluating the care delivered.
Care Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage and oversee our entire team of care workers
· Communicate effectively with care workers, clients, families, and other parties
· Manage care worker schedules and requests for time off
· Manage all client schedules, ensuring care plans are being met
· Maintain accurate client documentation
· Participate in/conduct care worker trainings
· Maintain compliance with all legal and company requirements at all times
· Ensure that our clients are receiving the very best in care
· Willingly participate in night/weekend on-call rotation
· Support care workers, clients, and families by providing accurate information
· Maintain a compassionate demeanour at all times
· Remain calm and collected in difficult situations
· See that all measures are taken to protect client privacy and dignity
· Develop care plans and see that they are properly carried out
· Document and report any issues or violations to upper management immediately
· Make oversight visits to supervise and assess care workers
· See that client care charts/logs are maintained and monitor client progress
· Work to foresee challenges and implement proactive solutions
· Demonstrate ability to be a problem solver
· Collect feedback to ensure client satisfaction
· Provide information to prospective clients and follow up with them
· Participate in interviewing, hiring, evaluation, and discipline processes
The role is subject to a clear Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate and satisfactory references.
* If you don’t already have an Enhanced DBS Certificate, we will apply for one for you, but you will have to bear the cost of the application fee. *
You will be provided with free training. The job will start after you’ve been trained to ensure quality of care and that you feel confident to do the job.
Other benefits include
· Free learning and development opportunities
· A competitive rate of pay of £10.75 per hour
We’re offering full-time, permanent contract.
If you are interested, please send us your CV to email@example.com